Monday, May 7, 2007

Comparison
























I had some extra pieces of Pool Party designer paper (I'm sure it will retire this year!) I wanted to use up, so I decided to show you a comparison of using the same designer paper and layout, but how the stamps and accessories you use make it look totally feminine or masculine!

The one on the left I used Bodacious Bouquet...after further thought I should have used the hibicus flower in the same Aloha set as the men's shirt, but didn't recall ever seeing a blue or sage green hibicus flower! The only other thing changed was the retiring All Year Cheer II greeting AND I used my Snail adhesive on the Mother's card and ran it down some of the background stripes. I then sprinkled dazzling diamonds over the Snail tape. It is so sparkly in person and really adds to the bling background of the card. In addition, I set the colored brads very close together in the flower, so they overlapped a little...making it actually look like the center of a flower. The flower is popped with dimensionals and the petals curled back.

The masculine Aloha card on the right is also popped with dimensionals and I cut out and layered the stamped shirt on an extra layer of Bashful Blue so it gave it some dimension. I added the colored brads in the corners on the layered piece of this card instead of ribbon for a more masculine look. Aloha is one of the retiring sets, so make sure you pick yours up before it is gone!

Mother's card

Set: Bodacious Bouquet, AYC II (retiring)
C/S: Bashful Blue, Sage Shadow, Glossy White, Pool Party Designer paper
Ink: Bashful Blue, Sage Shadow, Basic Black
Other: Soft Subtles mini brads, Snail adhesive, Dazzling diamonds glitter, Blue Gingham ribbon, dimensionals

Father's card

Sets: Aloha, AYC II (both retiring)
C/S: Bashful Blue, Sage Shadow, Glossy White, Pool Party Designer paper
Ink: Sage Shadow, Basic Black
Other: Rich Regals mini brads, dimensionals

No comments: