Friday, May 11, 2007

Coaster Challange


I took the Coaster challenge on SCS and made this magnetic coaster post-it note holder. I used a medium weight coaster and covered it with decorative paper (both sides if you want to hang it) using Stampin' Up's glue stick. I sanded the edges to get rid of excess paper and then punched 1/8 circle punches along the top and tied ribbon in them. I punched another 1/8" hole on the right side to hold the pen...folded a piece of ribbon in half and secured it with a mini brad. I used the Round Tab punch and stamped "Remember" on the left side. Added a matching pen, post-it notes and a magnet on the back and it has a place on the side of my refrigerator! (I know they make them, but I couldn't find any pink post-it notes so it would match a little better!)

Sets: Expressive Flexible Phrases (retiring)
C/S: Regal Rose, Rebecca Designer paper
Inks: Basic Brown
Other: Grosgrain ribbon, mini brad, round tab punch, coaster, pen, glue sticks

2 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Connie,

Thank you for your advise on my "Life Changing Dilemma". I really appreciate it!

Wow. . .this project is really cool. It's something I need to try! I love it! You did a wonderful job!

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Connie I bought a ton of these coasters intending to make some of the cute calendars that people had been posting on their blogs and here they sit. This is super cute!
You've inspired me to get back to my coasters.